After teaching instrumental music for 34 years and arranging for ensembles that he taught and for other groups, Richard McLendon turned his focus toward composing and orchestrating music for film, TV, video games, advertising, and other media projects. His philosophy as a composer is defined as being a flexible collaborator by composing music that is evocative and satisfies the film director’s story and vision.
As of June 2018, McLendon is collaborating on a new and original musical by signing a 5-year Non Disclosure Agreement.
His latest film project was a non-theatrical release for The John Philip Sousa Foundation. Completed in December of 2017, “National Programs & Projects of The John Philip Sousa Foundation” is a documentary short that examines the various awards promoted and presented by the foundation. The awards are presented to exceptionally significant bands found in middle school, junior high school, high school, university, military, and adult community bands.
- Richard McLendon Music is available to assist in achieving your vision, your story, your project.
- Your film, video game, or commercial ad is very important to me.
- Original music will insure that your project is a memorable one.
- Go to my CONTACT Page to make initial contact with me.
- My DEMO MUSIC Page offers short examples of my music by genre.
- Enjoy longer compositions on my AUDIO Page.
Contact Richard McLendon Music for the music that your media project needs.
“Music touches us emotionally and our emotions stimulate our memories. When that music is combined with pictures or film, it can create a unique, powerful, and at times an unforgettable experience.”
– Dr. Richard McLendon