Since retiring in 2013 after teaching instrumental music for 34 years, Richard McLendon turned his focus toward music for film, TV, video games, and commercial ads. He can compose original music for your film, video game, commercial ad or media project. His philosophy as a composer is defined as being a flexible collaborator by telling the film director’s story with music. His goal: enhance and convey the film director’s story with music that is evocative as well as compliments and satisfies the director’s vision.
His latest film project was a non-theatrical release for The John Philip Sousa Foundation. Completed in December of 2017, “National Programs & Projects of The John Philip Sousa Foundation” is a documentary short that examines the various awards promoted and presented by the foundation. The awards are presented to exceptionally significant bands found in middle school, junior high school, high school, university, military, and adult community bands. The film was produced and directed by Deborah Bradley, narrated by Gene Fender, and original music composed by Dr. McLendon (also the film’s editor).
- Richard McLendon Music will assist you in achieving your vision, your story, your project.
- Whether your project is film, video game, or commercial ad, it is very important to me.
- My original music will insure that your film is memorable.
- Go to my CONTACT Page to make initial contact with me.
- My DEMO MUSIC Page (hosted by ReelCrafter) offers short examples of my music by genre.
- Enjoy longer compositions on my MUSIC PLAYER Page.
Contact Dr. McLendon to achieve your music needs for your film, TV show, video game, commercial ad, or other media project.
“Music touches us emotionally and our emotions stimulate our memories. When that music is combined with pictures or film, it can create a unique, powerful, and at times an unforgettable experience.”
– Dr. Richard McLendon